Monday, June 27, 2011

Yankees Prospects Blog introduction

My name is Greg, a medical student Philadelphia and I am an avid follower of the Yankees farm system. Luckily, right around the time when I became interested about two years ago, the minor league system became much more intriguing. Guys like Jesus Montero, Austin Romine, and the since departed Austin Jackson were making a splash.

Now, they are making further strides with their farm system, as more bigtime prospects such as Manny Banuelos and the local fireballer Dellin Betances have made their way through the ranks. Players like Gary "the Sanchize" Sanchez and Slade Heathcott are also in the pipeline. It has become both exciting and fun to follow the system, and I have become a huge fan of all of the above listed players.

This blog intends to document the progress, as well as debate the merits and shortcomings of players in the Yankees minor league system. Feel free to comment on any of the posts I make, as I welcome followers and people who would like to argue with my opinions or express agreement. My knowledge of the system, while better than the average Joe, is limited by the fact that I do not have many opportunities to see these guys play in person, and only have so much access to scouting information etc. In the end, I would like this to be a place where people can come and discuss topics related to the Yankees farm system, and have some questions answered, while also answering some of the questions that I may have for the general public.

I will start my blog with a hypothetical first pitch, which would be thrown by none other than my favorite Yankee that played during my 25 year lifetime, Bernie Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment